The Accountant General of the State is the Head of the State Government Accounting Services and the Treasury. He is responsible for providing adequate accounting systems and controls in the State MDAs.
- Serve as Chief Accounting Officer for the receipts and payments of the government of the state
- Supervise the accounts of state MDAs.
- Collate, prepare and publish statutory financial statements of the state government and any other statements of accounts required by the Ministry of Finance.
- Maintain and operate the accounts of the Consolidated Revenue Fund, Development Fund, Contingencies and other Public Funds and provide cash backing for the operations of the State Government.
- Maintain and operate the State Account.
- Conduct routine and in-depth inspection of the books of account of State MDAs and other arms of government to ensure compliance with rules, regulations and policy decisions of the state government.
- Approve and ensure compliance with accounting codes, internal audit guide and stock verification manual of state MDAs and other arms of government.
- Investigate cases of fraud, loss of funds, assets and store items and other financial mal-practice in MDAs and other arms of government.
- Provide financial guidelines through the issuance of treasury circulars to state MDAs and other arms of government to ensure, strict compliance with existing control systems for the collection, custody and disbursement of public funds and stores.
- Supervise and control the computerization of the accounting system in State MDAs and other arms of government.
- Carry out revenue monitoring and accounting.
- Issue officially approved forms bearing Treasury numbers for use in all State MDAs and other arms of government to ensure uniformity.
- Formulate the Accounting policy of the State government.
- Service public debt and loans.
- Organize training of accounts and internal audit personnel in all state MDAs and other arms of government.
We have a group of dynamic individuals that operates on a daily basis and have day-to-day responsibility for managing other individuals and maintaining responsibility for key business functions of the ministry.
Here is our team that is responsible for putting together the business strategy and ensuring the business object of the ministry;
Gwadangaji Secreteriate, Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State
(068) 320631, 320657, 321805
Mon - Fri: 8:00 - 16:00