ADVOCACY VISIT TO EMIR OF ARGUNGU
On Wednesday, 1st September 2021, the Steering Committee of the Kebbi Strategic Plan for Cancer Control, led by the Honourable Commissioner of Health, HCH Jafar Mohammed was at the palace of Emir of Argungu in continuation of Advocacy and sensitization towards the upcoming cervical cancer screening program in the State.
HCH Jafar Mohammed, enumerated the various achievements recorded by the administration of Sen. Abubakar Atiku Bagudu in cancer control.
• The establishment of the cancer registries
• The establishment of a state cancer control plan
• The establishment of a Chemotherapy Unit and Oncology laboratory, Oncology ward, Cancer Pharmacy- all in Kebbi Medical Centre Kalgo.
• The Kebbi Indigent Cancer Fund.
• The CAP (Chemotherapy Access Program) initiated by the Federal Government.
• Breast and Prostate Cancer Programs.
The HCH also informed the Emir about the plan to start the screening of 5000 women for Cervical cancer which will be in partnership with CHAI, WHO, Medicaid Foundation and the Kebbi State Government.
Responding, The Emir himself a Polio vaccine champion assured the delegates of maximum support in any programme/activities that is geared towards alleviating his people’s sufferings. He thanked the Governor and his wife Dr Zainab Shinkafi Bagudu for initiating various laudable programmes.